Nabi Artist Residency 2019
Art Center Nabi operates a global residency program for media artists. Nabi Artist Residency works as a platform where various talented artists from diverse cultural backgrounds could communicate and explore the artistic/aesthetic possibilities at the intersection of art and technology. Collaborating with Netherland V2_, Art Center Nabi awaits the participation of many enthusiastic artists interested in this program.
V2_ Summer Session
Nabi Artist Residency
Number of Artists
(July 2019 ~ September 2019)
Details will be announced soon after V2_ schedule is confirmed
(September 2019 ~ November 2019)
A detailed schedule will be announced later
Field of Interest
Media Art / Digital Art
(Keyword: Urban Media, Creative Media, Digital Craftmanship, Artificial Intelligence, Interactive, Data, Robotics, etc)
Korean artists who are 35 years old or younger
Domestic/International artists who are 35 years old or younger
2. Residency Benefits
- A grant of 4,000,000 won (including the cost for accommodations and flights)
- An opportunity for a residency exhibition and artist talks
3. Program Overview
Research and Creative Activities
As part of the program, residency artists will receive consistent feedback and support from Art Center Nabi in the form of discussion/interview/critique sessions. This is to encourage constant research from a technological perspective as well as an in-depth exploration of the artwork creation.
Exhibition and Related Programs
Residency artists will have a showcase exhibition to present the result of their art projects at Nabi Artist Residency. Artist talks will be arranged as to share the creative experience of the participants in the residency program and their projects.
At the end of the program, Art Center Nabi will offer diverse connections to domestic/international creative laboratories and media art centers to the artists for possible follow-up projects.
4. Application Process
Please send your application requirements to: email@example.com
- Application Period: 18 March 2019 ~ 30 April 2019
- Document Examination: 30 April 2019 ~ 20 May 2019
- Additional Interview: If necessary, the candidates will be informed individually.
- Finalist Announcement: 3 June 2019
*Candidates for V2_Summer Session could be required to have an additional interview.
*Finalists & Additional Interview Schedule will be announced on our official website and the applicants will be informed individually.
5. Application Requirements
- Nabi Artist Residency Application Form (Korean/English)
- An up-to-date CV and a Cover letter (English)
- A video including self-introduction & proposal for the new artwork that you are planning to create during the residency program/ mp4, mov, etc(no longer than 3 minutes)
- A copy of your passport
- Recommendation letter (with contact information)
If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org