|4||[Exhibition] Nabi Artist Residency 2017 : 2_gather||2017.08.28|
- Date : 2017. 8.30(WED) ~ 9.29(FRI)
- Venue : Art Center Nabi (SK Building 4F, 99 Seorin-dong, Jongro-gu, Seoul, Korea)
- Opening Hours : 10:00 a.m. ~ 6:00 p.m. (* Closed on Weekend and public holidays)
- Entrance Fee : Free
- Participating Artist : Mark IJzerman, Nihat Karatasli
- Partner : V2_, Institute for the Unstable Media
- Exhibition Sponsor : Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Support : Sindoh, GONGAN, CROWN GOOSE
- Inquiry : Creative Team 02-2121-1031
* Opening Event and Open Studio: 2017.8.30(WED) 13:00 ~ 20:00
Opening Event Starts from 18:00, Wednesday 30 August 2017
Nabi Artist Residency 2017: 2_gather
《Nabi Artist Residency 2017: 2_gather》 is an exhibition to introduce the participating artist of Nabi Artist Residency 2017-Summer Session. The subtitle of the exhibition, ‘2_gather,’ represents a variety of materials collected by the two artists in Korea as well as ideas and values that they acquired during the two months of residency in the country. The exhibition presents the artists’ new works that convey traces of their thoughts and the records of their activities during the residency program. It is hoped that the exhibition becomes a stepping stone for the continued research by the artists and the expansion of cultural exchange.
Nihat Karatasli , HEY M*N!, 2017
3D-printed PLA, steel, video Variable installation
Sculpture size 45cm x 45cm x 70cm
Mark IJzerman, Time Shift, 2017
Photos by Sébastien Robert
Sound, photographs printed on paper, RFID tags, electronics, wood
Mark IJzerman (b.1988, the Netherlands)
Mark IJzerman has been dividing his time between creating music or sound for installations, new instruments, theatre or objects, organizing events with sound art collective Soundlings, writing for sound art blog Everyday Listening, as well as teaching at some of the leading media art faculties in the Netherlands. His works are based on audible sense with human emotion and sensibility, and carry a strong organic quality into his creations.
Mark IJzerman received a BA in Composition and Sound Production, and a MA in Creative Design for Digital Cultures at HKU, Music Technology.
Nihat Karatasli profoundly concentrates on the concepts of presence, belonging and intimacy, as these are the norms we mostly define ourselves and our realities with. He considers that all these concepts non-endingly transit in-between virtual and concrete worlds; They are both in & out, visible & invisible, virtual & actual at the same time.
Nihat Karatasli (b.1988, Turkey
After a BA in Computer Science and Visual Communication Design in Istanbul Bilgi University, He is currently pursuing his masters at School of the Art Institute of Chicago majored in Art and Technology.
- Project manager Hyein Jeon
- Curator SoYoung Choi
- Coordinator Somy Kim, MinAh Lee
- Promotion MinAh Lee
- Technical Advice E.I.LAB
- Photo/Video Production Jeong Hwan Kim, Jae Young Kim, Ho Man Kwon
- Technical Support YoungHo Lee, Yeong Hwan Kim
- Design Sol Lim